Updates and News
- November 11, 2015: As part of our continued commitment to better serve our clients, the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe has upgraded the phone system. Please note that ELC staff have new extensions. For more information please visit our staff page.
- November 10, 2015: Click the link to access the 2015-2016 VPK Provider Guide.
- October 21, 2015: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe in partnership with Miami-Dade Public Library System and Univision Miami fight the word gap
with Jumpstart's national campaign, Read for the Record. Hispanic Branch Library to host reading event to help break a world-wide reading record. Read more.
- October 21, 2015: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami‐Dade/Monroe in partnership with Miami‐Dade Public Library System fights the word gap with Jumpstart's national campaign, Read
for the Record.
Campaign mobilizes millions of children and adults to break a world reading record; pledges to read to
more than 20,000 children. Read more.
- October 1, 2015: Read the latest ELC Newsletter.
- September 25, 2015: Parent Link is back! Read the latest issue.
- September 10, 2015: The Second Annual Children First Conference will be held on September 19, 2015. Click here to see what great sessions are being offered.
- August 29, 2015: With Erika no longer a threat, the ELC will resume regular services.
- August 28, 2015: Today, Governor Rick Scott declared a state of emergency for the state in preparation for Tropical Storm Erika. As the storm approaches, it's important to make sure you have your emergency operations plan in place. Read more.
- August 18, 2015: Read the latest ELC Message. VPK COEs are due soon, enter them in the Provider Portal today.
- August 12, 2015: Registration is now OPEN for the Children First Conference! Read more.
- August 5, 2015: Read the latest ELC Message. Encourage families to apply for School Readiness and other resources around town.
- July 21, 2015: Read the latest ELC Message. Learn more about upcoming training opportunities.
- July 9, 2015: 11 Miami-Dade Area Legislators Earn an "A" on Florida Chamber Report Card. Read more.
- July 9, 2015: Find out what's happening in early learning in Florida in July, an update from the Office of Early Learning. Read more.
- July 2, 2015: The Office of Early Learning launches the Family Portal. Read more.
- June 29, 2015: Read the latest ELC Message. Learn more about Teaching Strategies GOLD® trainings and VPK Provider Rates.
- June 17, 2015: The ELC Achieves Another Significant Milestone for Providers: School Readiness Reimbursement Rate Increase Approved! Read more.
- June 12, 2015: Required SR Contract Documents Due to ELC by JUNE 15! Read more.
- June 10, 2015: Read the latest ELC Message. Learn more about VPK Assessments and the upcoming 2015 Children First Conference.
- June 3, 2015: Read the latest ELC Message. Learn more about Teaching Strategies GOLD® Professional Development for VPK.
- May 28 2015: Read the latest ELC Message. Included in this issue are the VPK Ordering Instructions and information on the upcoming 2015 Children First Conference.
- May 20, 2015: Read the latest ELC News Alert. Included in the message are ASQ Contract Requirements and Professional Development Opportunities.
- May 13, 2015: The Office of Early Learning has released some important news regarding the VPK Readiness Rate and Teaching Strategies GOLD. Read more.
- May 13, 2015: Our Early Learning Coalition spends more of our School Readiness grant on direct services for children (slots) than any other ELC in the state. For the last several months we have worked hard to reduce the waiting list in Miami-Dade through an enrollment drive. Read more.
- May 12, 2015: The Monroe Early Childhood Conference will be held this weekend. Read more.
- May 7, 2015: Do you participate in the CCEP program? You have until May 15, 2015 to submit your agreement for 2015-2016. Read more.
- May 5, 2015: Read the latest ELC News Alert.
- To read previous news and updates, click here.
The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring early care and education for children in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties. Through a variety of affordable and innovative early education and voluntary pre-kindergarten programs, the Coalition serves more than 50,000 children ages birth to 12 years old and their families.
Founded in 2000, the Coalition is among 30 similar organizations in the State of Florida established following the enactment of the School Readiness Act, which consolidated Florida’s early learning services into one integrated program.