How to Become a Provider
Thank you for your interest in the Early Head Start Program. We are so glad that you would like to be part of the Early Head Start experience. Currently, all of our Early Head Start slots have been awarded to our child care partners. If you would like to be considered for any future opportunities, please complete the information in the link below:
Things to Know About Being and Early Head Start Provider
- Early Head Start hours are 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. A child care provider must offer services until 6:00 p.m. for children who enrolled in Early Head Start and School Readiness.
- Teacher child ratio is 1:4.
- Programs must provide at least 48 weeks of service a year.
- The maximum number of children per classroom is 8 children.
- Each classroom must be staffed with two (2) teachers.
- Two home visits and two parent-teacher conferences are completed a year.
- Classroom must be at least 35 sq. ft. of usable space per child.
- Outside space must be at least 75 sq. ft. per child.
- Each classroom must have a sink.
- Cots and cribs must be 36 inches apart (all around).
- Each center will have a Health and Safety Screener completed within 45 days of the school year starting.
- Two Early Head Start Compliance Checklists are completed each program year, in October and April.
- Ongoing monitoring is done at each site to ensure compliance with federal regulations and contractual obligations.
- Technical Assistance is done on an ongoing basis.
- Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) is conducted at least twice a year.
- Facility must meet American Disability Association (ADA) requirements.
- Children are not required to wear uniforms.
- Child care partner is responsible for providing diapers, pull-ups, and wipes while children are in Early Head Start care.
- At least one staff must speak the predominant language of the children.
- Teachers must have a minimum of a National Child Development Associate, a physical, level II background, and meet all licensing requirements.
- Child care center must be participating in Quality Counts if eligible.
- At least ten percent (10%) of the Early Head Start slots will be reserved for children who are diagnosed with a special need.
- The child care partner must be participating in the USDA Child Care Food Program.
Early Head Start Policies and Procedures
Early Head Start Forms
Early Head Start Professional Development Days
Friday, September 8, 2017 (Cancelled due to Hurricane Irma)
Friday, October 27, 2017
Friday, January 19, 2018
Friday, April 30, 2018
Tuesday, July 31, 2018 (Home Visit Day)
Early Head Start Provider Meeting Information
|Friday, June 8, 2018||10:00 a.m. – 12 noon||Keiser University
2101 NW 117 Avenue, Room 103
Miami, FL 33172