Thank you for choosing The Neighborhood Place for Early Head Start as the education program for your child. As your child’s first teacher, we know that your child’s development and growth is a priority for you. Our team of caring experts are here to support you in all of your goals and needs.
To be eligible for Early Head Start services:
- Your child must be younger than three (3) years of age
- Your family must meet federal income guidelines based on the number of household members
- You must live in Miami-Dade County
Enrollment is based on a point system in which families with the highest number of points are given priority into the program.
- The program year runs from August 1 to July 31.
- Early Head Start offers services Monday through Friday.
- The hours for Early Head Start are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you are a part of School Readiness, your child will receive services until 6:00 p.m.
- Please check with your center for holidays.
- Teachers will be conducting at least two parent-teacher conferences and home visits during the school year.
- Professional development days for 20-21 are October 22, 2020, October 23, 2020, and March 26, 2021
- Our program uses Creative Curriculum to guide learning.
- Within the first 45-days of your child entering school a developmental and behavioral screening will be conducted on your children. The developmental screening is the Ages and Stages Questionnaire Third Edition and for behavioral will be the Ages and Stages Questionnaire Social Emotional, Second Edition.
- Our program is inclusive to children with disabilities and/or developmental delays.
- The centers will use the Teaching Strategies Gold Assessment to track your child’s development and to plan developmentally appropriate activities.
- The program does not require that parents purchase a uniform. Wearing a uniform is at the discretion of each family.
- During hours and while in the care of the Early Head Start center, diapers and wipes will be provided by the program. Parents are not allowed to bring their own diapers and wipes to the center.
- Food will be provided by the center. Parents will not be allowed to bring food from home.
- Parents are responsible for ensuring all of their child’s medical information is up to date at the center.
We encourage parents and other family members to become fully involved in the Early Head Start program. Here are some ways you can become involved or support the program:
- Volunteer in the classroom and school activities
- Attend parent meetings
- Be a part of the Policy Council
- Participate in trainings offered by the program
- Be a part of the hiring committee
- Participate in the program’s self-assessment
- Share resources with other parents
- Recruit for the program by telling your friends, family, and others in the community about Early Head Start
- Participate in parent-teacher conference and home visits.
The Policy Council is a group of parents and community representatives that are responsible for the direction of the program. The group meets monthly to hear about the progress of the program and make decisions that will improve the services offered to families.
Third Wednesday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
Policy Council Meetings
June 16, 2021 May 19, 2021 April 21, 2021 March 17, 2021 February 17, 2021 January 20, 2021
November 18, 2020
October 17, 2020
September 16, 2020 August 19, 2020 June 16, 2020
2020-2021 Policy Council Members
Kisline Timothee, Chair - Little Ones Academy Corp
Edeline Fleurant, Vice Chair - Step Above Academy
Priscilla Vazquez, Parliamentarian - New Aladdin Learning Center
Camelia Page, Treasurer - The Carter Academy I
Dominique Reardon, Secretary - It’s a Small World #II Inc.
Chanelle Keys, Asst. Secretary -It's a Small World #VII Inc.
ELCMDM Board Representation
Mara Zapata, Beyond the Mark Consulting, LLC.
Alegina Lora - Children of the Sun Academy Inc.
April Williams - Miami Gardens Learning Center
Ashley De Frank Nunez - My Little Angels Day Care Center
Ciney Mendoza - Rainbow Intergenerational Learning Center
Crystal Davis - Sheyes of Miami Day Care #3
Daiby Martinez - Springview Academy of Hialeah
Darvette Cunningham - Sheyes of Miami Learning Center
Elena Galban - Naranja Prep Academy Annex
Esbeidy Linares - Kinderland 4 Kids
Frederica Smith-Dawson - Pink and Blue Children’s Academy
Hervelyne Jean - Lord's Learning Center, Inc.
Kolanda Thompson - Lincoln Marti (102)
Labresha Riley - The Carter Academy II
Leticia Delatorre - Kinderkids Academy III Inc.
Lizette Fontilus - Little Red School House of Homestead
Michelle Toledo - Lincoln Marti (905)
Noel Pharisien - Precious Moments Learning Center I
Sandra Rodriguez Funes - Kids Small World Learning Center
Shirly Mejia - Lincoln Marti (450)
Shonquita Williams - Shores School
Tranae Davenport - America's Little Leaders Academy
Yaselly Prado - Kiddy Academy
EHS Main Office Address:
6251 NW 7th Ave, Suite 204
Miami, FL 33150
EHS Main Office Phone Number: 305-646-7220 ext. 2457
Email Address: email@example.com
The Neighborhood Place for Early Head Start Menus
The Mindful eating in Preschool Setting tool