What Is Child Care Resource and Referral?
CCR&R is available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday. To reach a CCR&R specialist, please call 305-646-7220.
We are the front door for contacting ELC of Miami-Dade/Monroe to find information on services and programs. We are families’ source for child care and parenting related needs.
There is no charge for our services to parents or providers. ELC of Miami-Dade/Monroe offers referrals, not recommendations.
All information gathered by the staff of Child Care Resource and Referral, (CCR&R) including names of parents and their children, addresses, income and any private details pertaining to any family members applicable to serving the parent’s needs, is kept private and confidential. No parent information is shared verbally or in writing with any outside party
How Can We Help?
CCR&R will assist you with the information you need to make a careful and informed choice of an early learning or child care provider. Which curriculum is right for your child’s learning style? How do you know a provider is offering age appropriate activities? What are indicators of quality programs? These questions and others you may have are answered with a call to one of our caring and experienced Family Services Specialists. The information also includes a referral listing of licensed or approved providers operating in Miami-Dade/Monroe Counties. Your provider listing is based on your needs and matches those with the provider’s services. The search details can also include location, care-schedule, curriculum offered, the program’s environment and other services the provider offers, such as transportation. If you need more than just child care, your Early Learning Specialist can assist with referrals to other services. Whether you need to find information on parenting, financial aid or area social service agencies we are ready to help. We can also assist parents with child care and related services for children with special needs.
Most importantly, we suggest that you choose child care based on its quality. Our parent-friendly checklist offers practical tips for evaluating programs. And always remember to check licensing histories at: http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care
What is School Readiness Child Care Financial Assistance?
School Readiness Child Care Financial Assistance allows eligible families to offset the expense of child care by paying a reduced parent fee.
Resources for Parents
- The Office of Early Learning is dedicated to ensuring the accessibility, affordability and quality of early learning services for Florida's children and families.
- Department of Children and Families - This website contains child care information.
- Child Care Aware - Child Care Aware operates a national toll-free information line (1-800-424-2246) and website that connects families to child care information and referrals through local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) agencies. Child Care Aware also provides families with a growing collection of free child care related publications and materials.
- NACCRRA - the National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies, is our nation’s leading voice for child care.
- Florida KidCare - Florida KidCare is our state’s children’s health insurance program for uninsured children under age 19. Eligibility for Florida KidCare is based on your child’s age and family income.
- Florida Abuse Program - 1-800-96-ABUSE The Department of Children & Families provides a full spectrum of services, from parenting classes and respite care to transportation and child care. The goal of the department is to keep children safe in their own families when possible.
- Child Care Training Information Center (CCTIC) - 1-888-FL-CCTIC (1-888-352-2842) Fax: 850-922-9156
- Early Steps
- Florida Diagnostic & Learning Resources
What If I Have A Complaint?
If you have a complaint or concern while requesting a list of providers from Child Care Resource and Referral, or if you have a complaint about a child care provider, please use our complaint form, or email us at email@example.com.
Child Care Resource and Referral is required to implement and enforce the procedures that direct the complaint process. For a full description of these, please see our Complaint Policy and Procedures.
Resources for Providers
There are no charges/fees associated with a provider listing in the CCR&R Database or for referrals to your program. If you are asked to provide a payment for a referral or for a listing in the CCR&R database, please call the CCR&R Network at 1-850-245-0445.