Professional Development Training Stipends Application Now Available
June 02, 2020
The application for the professional development training stipends (stipends) is now available at:
The Office of Early Learning authorized these emergency stipends to help providers defray some of the expenses related to the COVID-19 pandemic and to maintain and strengthen our early learning workforce.
These stipends are only available while the disaster or emergency declaration remains in effect. Funds will be allocated as soon as possible and must be released no later than 30 days after the emergency declaration period expires. All training must be completed by June 30, 2020.
Professional Development Training Stipend:
Eligible early learning/child care providers must meet the following requirements:
- Provider has a current/active SR or VPK contract with the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe; and
- Provider does not have a pending/open contract-related Corrective Action Plan (CAP) or Probation notice in effect. *
- Provider has submitted the Early Learning/Child Care Provider Eligibility Form
- The Early Learning Coalition has approved the Eligibility Form
*Criteria does not include (1) VPK readiness rate improvement plans or (2) Quality Improvement Plans (QIP)
Eligible early learning child care teachers and staff members must meet the following requirements:
- Are Florida residents; and
- Are employed by an eligible licensed or license-exempt child care facility, in a licensed family child care home, or by a licensed after school program; and
- Work a minimum of 20 hours per week with a birth through pre-k population or in an after-school program for a minimum of 520 hours per year; and
- Have the sponsorship of the early learning program or after school program which employs them.
- The teacher/staff member and child care provider have completed the Early Learning/Child Care Provider/Teacher/Staff Member/Eligibility Form
Maximum allowable payments - Stipends
Each eligible early learning teacher or staff member may earn the following stipend amounts:
- Up to ten (10) stipends for qualifying training events, up to a maximum of $750 ($75 x 10 events), per each declared disaster/emergency;
- $75 maximum for each training session/event
- Training events/sessions completed before March 1, 2020, do not qualify
- Training events/sessions will only be reimbursed once per applicant, with a properly completed Provider Teacher/Staff Member Eligibility Form
- Funding is limited. Stipends will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis
Types of trainings that qualify for the Stipends
These stipends are only available for the following types of training events that must be completed between March 1 and June 30, 2020.
- DCF-sponsored trainings;
- OEL online training sessions for early childhood professional development
- myTeachstone Learn Abouts for Infant/Toddlers and for PreK
For a copy of approved training courses, please visit https://bit.ly/3dDYzCd
Additional information on requirements and eligibility criteria is available at https://www.elcmdm.org/providers/providers-cornerQuestions about the stipends may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org