Governor DeSantis Issues Statewide Executive Stay at Home Order
April 02, 2020
Governor DeSantis issued an Executive Statewide Stay at Home Order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The order goes into Thursday, April 2, 2020.
The order limits all activities to essential services for the next 30 days and follows the protocols implemented by Miami-Dade County.
The order says "all persons in Florida shall limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities."
Below is a partial list of "Essential Services:"
- Child Care (Center-Based and Family Child Care Homes) but limiting to a maximum of 10 children and teachers in any one group
- Visiting Health Care Provider
- Food Providers and Grocers
- Drug Stores
- Social Services
- Gas Stations
- Mailing and Shipping
- Laundry - Laundromats and Dry Cleaners
- Food Service - Pick-up and/or Delivery
- Any business interacting with customers electronically or by telephone.
Click here to read the order.