Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Education Program
- Students who have completed more than 70% of the 2019-2020 school-year VPK program are permitted to reenroll in another 2019-2020 school year VPK program at a provider that is open.
- VPK classes are allowed to have less than four students during the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year program and for the 2020 summer program.
School Readiness (SR) Eligibility
- Job search can be used as a purpose for care to establish eligibility and for families applying to the waitlist through August 1, 2020.
- Parents on the waitlist have 60 calendar days to submit the required documentation through September 30, 2020.
- The 20 hours per week of work/education requirements for initial eligibility are suspended through August 1, 2020.
School Readiness Curriculum
- School readiness providers have until September 30, 2020 to implement an approved curriculum. The approved list, effective July 1, 2020, is available here.
Monitoring by Coalitions and Subrecipients
- SR and VPK provider contract monitoring of providers by coalitions and subrecipients is suspended through June 30, 2020.
- Subrecipient monitoring by coalitions is also suspended through June 30, 2020.
School Readiness Expenditure Limits
- The expenditure limits of no more than 5% for administrative costs and a total of 22% for a combination of administrative, quality and non-direct services are waived through June 30, 2020, so long as these funds are used for the purpose of emergency recovery and direct support to providers.