Become a CLASS Assessor!
January 18, 2023
Interested in Becoming a CLASS Assessor?
CLASS® Assessor Job Duties
To administer and facilitate classroom-based observational assessments, including but not limited to the Classroom Assessment Scoring System® (CLASS®) Infant, Toddler and Prekindergarten.
- To conduct classroom-based observational assessments in early care and education settings including, early learning centers, Head Start/Early Head Start, and family child care homes using the Classroom Assessment Scoring System® (CLASS®) for Infant, Toddler and Prekindergarten classrooms.
- To enter CLASS® and other relevant assessment data into Early Learning Coalition defined data system.
- To achieve and maintain, at least 85% interrater reliability on the CLASS® and other tools as applicable.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Write quality and objective reports based on classroom assessment.
What is CLASS®
The Classroom Assessment Scoring System® (CLASS®), the leading quality improvement system for teaching, it helps focus, measure and improve classroom interactions — a key factor proven to drive children’s academic and life-long success.
CLASS® not only defines teaching quality through the lens of interactions, it provides the ability to measure and improve the interactions that matter most for student outcomes. And, it’s a journey of continuous improvement that is data-driven and focused on what matters most for student outcomes, and interactions.
The Early Learning Coalition is a drug-free workplace and requires drug testing.