We are now accepting applications for child care programs interested in receiving support while pursuing accreditation.
About the Accreditation Facilitation Project
Have you considered becoming accredited or would like to improve the quality of your program?
If you operate a licensed child care center or family child care home in Miami-Dade County, Enhanced Accreditation Facilitation is now available through the Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe Accreditation Facilitation Project (ELC AFP). This funded initiative assists programs with the accreditation process.
If you are interested in becoming accredited or are currently pursuing accreditation and would like additional support, contact the AFP at 305-646-7220 x271 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services available include:
- Hotline for general information and resources
- Program visits
- Free in-depth face-to-face consultation by an Accreditation Specialist
- Incentives for achieving accreditation
Your program may be eligible to receive this assistance if you have, or have a substantial plan to have:
- Clean DCF Licensing Inspection Reports for the past 12 months
- All staff members with a minimum of a FCCPC or national CDA
- All staff members with a minimum of 45 hours of in-service hours in the 12 months prior to accreditation application
- An (ELC) approved curriculum in use
- Written comprehensive policies and procedures
Why Should a Program Seek Accreditation through ELC AFP?
Some rewarding incentives may include:
- Receive a higher reimbursement per School Readiness child
- Tax incentives through the Department of Revenue or county tax appraiser for participating in the Gold Seal Quality Care Program
- Vendor membership discount
- Enhanced program marketing
- Recognition for increased resources and funding opportunities
- Additional child enrollment opportunities through community and government programs
For help in deciding which accreditation agency may be right for your program, become a part of the ELC AFP.
Licensing Versus Accreditation – What is the Difference?
Most child care providers are licensed and some are licensed and accredited. What is the difference?