Infant and Toddler Resources
From Baby to Big Kid E-Newsletter
Register here to receive ZERO TO THREE's newest resource for parents- From Baby to Big Kid This parent e-newsletter offers science-based information on how children learn and grow each month from birth to age 3. The monthly e-newsletters include:
- Age-based information about your child’s development
- In-depth articles on common child-rearing issues and challenges
- Parent-child play activities that promote bonding and learning
- Frequently asked questions
- Research on child development and what it means for parents
Free parenting brochures and guides
Choosing Quality Child Care for your baby
- Some guidelines to help you choose care for your baby, read more.
This set of nine, age-based handouts includes:
- A chart that helps you know what to expect developmentally from your child, and how you can help your child learn at each stage
- Frequently asked questions and answers
- A spotlight section that goes into greater depth on a common issue or challenge for each age
- A research summary specific to each stage of development, and what it means for parents
Your Baby's Health
The Back to Sleep Campaign and the Healthy Child Care America Campaign. This effort, known as the Healthy Child Care American Back to Sleep Campaign, aimed to promote the health and safety of infants in child care settings by providing education and outreach to child care providers regarding safe sleep recommendations, read more.
Minimum Standards for Tribal Child Care: A Health and Safety Guide - this book from the Child Care Bureau is available online.
The American Pediatric Association has several books on child health and safety avaliable for purchase
- Managing Chronic Health Needs in Child Care and Schools: A Quick Reference Guide
- Managing Infectious Diseases in Child Care and Schools
- Caring for Our Children