Updates and News
- January 20, 2015: The Department of Children and Family Services, Office of Child Care Regulation and Background Screening will be conducting a public hearing for proposed rule changes to 65C-22.009, F.A.C. and 65C-20.014, F.A.C. pertaining to Gold Seal Quality Care Programs. Download the meeting information here.
- January 14, 2015: Thank You For Your Interest In Participating in Celebrate Literacy Week, Florida! Read more.
- January 13, 2015: CCDH Trainings for Quality Counts Providers. Read more.
- January 13, 2015: Join Us At Books & Books on January 28th, 2015 for Celebrate Literacy Week, Florida! Read more.
- Janaury 6, 2015: Celebrate Literacy Week, Florida! 2015. Read more.
- December 23, 2014: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe will be closed on Thursday, Dec. 25th for the Christmas holiday, and Friday, Dec. 26th as per Governor Scott's declaration that all state offices be closed. Normal business hours will resume on Monday, Dec. 29th.
- December 17, 2014: Read the December issue of the AELC Newsletter.
- December 17, 2014: EARLY LEARNING COALITION OF MIAMI-DADE/MONROE, UNITED WAY AND MIAMI-DADE COUNTY AWARDED $17.1 MILLION IN EARLY HEAD START GRANTS. Read more.
- December 17, 2014: Scores for VPK Assessment Period 2 are due by Februrary 13, 2015. Read more.
- December 16, 2014: January ASQ-3 and Warm-Line Informational Sessions for Miami-Dade County. Read more.
- December 9, 2014: How to help parents complete redetermination packets so they can be processed in a timely manner. Read more.
- December 3, 2014: Child Care Regulation Provider Meetings for December. Read more.
- November 24: 2014: The ELC Offices will be closed on Thursday, November 27 and Friday, November 28 to observe the Thanksgiving Holiday. Our Offices will open again on Monday, December 1, 2014.
- November 20, 2014: Today, flanked by Senators and Representatives from both sides of the aisle, President Obama put pen to paper and signed S.1086, the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014 into law. After 18 years without any Congressional action, the Child Care and Development Block Grant was finally reauthorized and revised to include general provisions to improve the quality of child care nationwide. Read more.
- November 20, 2014: The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe has joined more than 500 researchers, nationally, in the signing of a ‘Consensus Letter’ to policy makers to urge the expansion of and increased public investment in early-childhood education. Read more.
- Novemver 20, 2014: Complete your School Readiness Curriculum Verification Form in less than two minutes! Read more.
- November 15, 2014: Read the November newsletter from the Early Learning Coalition
- October 20, 2014: Effective Nov. 1, 2014, the grace period for payment adjustments and transfer requests will come to an end. Read more.
- October 12, 2014: If you haven't already, start following the Early Learning Coalition on social media to learn more about Read for the Record®. Read more.
- October 9, 2014: The Early Learning Coalition is teaming up with Jumpstart's Read for the Record® to shine a light on the importance of early literacy. Read more.
- October 7, 2014: Guidance for Daycares and Schools: Receiving Students or Staff from Areas Affected by Ebola. Read more.
- October 1, 2014:
The Early Learning Business Alliance was launched yesterday in Orlando. It's Florida's most significant gathering of top business leaders (Disney, Florida Blue, PNC, Publix and others) who will be focused on progress in "school readiness" and high-quality early learning. It's under the umbrella of the Florida Chamber in significant alliance with Florida TaxWatch and the Council of 100 Connect with the Children's Movement of Florida.
- To read previous news and updates, click here.
The Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring early care and education for children in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties. Through a variety of affordable and innovative early education and voluntary pre-kindergarten programs, the Coalition serves more than 50,000 children ages birth to 12 years old and their families.
Founded in 2000, the Coalition is among 30 similar organizations in the State of Florida established following the enactment of the School Readiness Act, which consolidated Florida’s early learning services into one integrated program.